Working in local government has never been more interesting, innovative and challenging. The commitment of our teams to public service – in everything from social care to schools to infrastructure – is inspiring to see.
In return, we’ve invested real time and resources creating an environment where people flourish professionally and belong personally. We have also developed a rewards package that will make a really positive all-round difference to your life inside and outside work.
- Up to 32 days’ annual leave
- Excellent pension scheme, with employer contributions of up to 20% of salary
- Relocation expenses of up to £8,000 for eligible new starters
- Various cycling options including a tax-saving bike purchase scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Family-friendly schemes, including generous maternity, paternity and support for working carers
- Staff Discount Scheme for a range of retailers – holidays, insurance, eating out, and health and leisure activities
- Discounts on rail and bus travel
- Health and wellbeing activities including an Employee Assistance Programme, mindfulness and resilience training, yoga and music classes, and staff choir.
Training & Development:
We’re proud of our strong learning and knowledge-sharing culture here. You can look forward to:
- Our online skills and knowledge platform dedicated to your continuing professional development
- Coaching, workshops, mentoring, shadowing and support from social groups
- A tailored induction